The commercial electrician position will be expected to perform under general supervision the following:
- Journey-level work in the design, construction, repair, and maintenance of structures and related physical facilities;
- Act as lead worker to other classified staff in the area;
- And perform related work as required.
Successful candidates must be drug free at all times, punctual to all job assignments, and have a strong work ethic. Candidate must also be able to pass a background check and possess a high standard of integrity and professionalism. The following also apply to the commercial electrician position:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Two (2) valid forms of identification, one being a valid driver’s license;
- Access to reliable transportation;
- Four (4) years of experience in commercial/industrial electrical work;
- Available to work flexible hours;
- Physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, and the ability to concentrate on their assigned tasks;
- Ability to lift and carry 50-75 lbs. without assistance;
- Ability to work in various weather conditions and climates.
The commercial electrician is responsible for the full range of electrical work. Incumbents are expected to be capable of the following:
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems;
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications required by our client;
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements, and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations;
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety.
All interested applicants are requested to submit their resume in person for consideration at 1515 S. Salcedo St., Suite 211, New Orleans, LA 70125 between the hours of 8AM and 4PM